The Center is part of the Department of Bioagricultural Sciences and Pest Management, College of Agricultural Sciences at Colorado State University. The program draws on the expertise of faculty and staff to distribute information on the best way to manage pests using safe and effective strategies. Links to publications on pest management are found on this website.
The mission of the Center is to provide research and outreach in integrated pest management (IPM) practices for sustainable plant and animal agriculture, small and large farms, non-crop lands and waterways, households, landscapes, green industry, schools, buildings and communities that encourage the use of multiple and flexible strategies for the control of insect pests, plant pathogens, and weeds, and in some situations (such as within structures) rodents and other vertebrates.
According to the USDA,” The goal of the National IPM Program is to improve the economic benefits of adopting IPM practices and to reduce risks to human health and the environment caused by the pests themselves or by pest management practices.” (October 1, 2013).
2013 Review, IPM Center CIOSU-2013
For more information, contact Frank Peairs, email@example.com, 970-491-5945.
The goals of the IPM team are:
- To address the needs of stakeholders, extension agents, research scientists, and department specialists;
- To collectively conduct sound, relevant research;
- To monitor and prioritize pests in Colorado regions through IPM projects and periodic surveys;
- To enhance pest diagnostics through the CSU Plant Pest Clinic and statewide training; and
- To promote collaborative activities with stakeholders, universities, colleges, units and and departments, and state and federal agencies.
The Center is based in the Department of Bioagricultural Sciences & Pest Management in the College of Agricultural Sciences. We strive to provide unbiased information and do not engage in any activity that creates the perception our organization endorses the products or services of any organization or business.